- Near complete rewrite. The code is now much cleaner
- Fewer modem commands used. Fewer commands == fewer places to go wrong!
- Starlancer now supported! Starlancer now works with 100% connection success rate!
Sunday 29 November 2015
This release is a major release!
Saturday 28 November 2015
This version is a minor release:
- IP address autoconfiguration. The DreamPi now tries to use IP addresses .98 (for the Dreamcast) and .99 (for the Pi). If these IP addresses are taken it adjusts downwards to find the next available IPs.
- DNS now available to other machines. For testing the DNS server is now accessible by any machine on the network, not just the Dreamcast.
Thursday 26 November 2015
This is a bug fix release:
- Pi <> Modem communication now happens at a constant safe baud rate
- The PPP peers file is now configured with the max speed of the modem, this increases performance and hopefully fixes connection issues that some people were having during PPP negotiation
- The Starlancer DNS is now configured in the dnsmasq configuration directly rather than hitting an upstream nameserver. This should hopefully fix DNS issues
Monday 23 November 2015
Saturday 7 November 2015
Friday 6 November 2015
This release includes the following new features:
- Dial-tone generation. The DreamPi software now plays an 8 bit audio recording of a dial tone across the phone line to trick the Dreamcast into dialling. Blind dialling is no longer a requirement!
- Custom DNS server. There is a DNS server now running directly on the Pi. Not only does this cache DNS requests which makes things a little quicker, but also it allows us to convince the Dreamcast that old sites and game servers are back online! To see this in action, try entering the "Internet" section on Sonic Adventure and visit the website!
- Bug Fixes! Lots of bug fixes to the order of AT commands etc. hopefully more modems will be able to work with the Pi
- Auto-configuration. On boot the software will detect your network subnet and update its configuration accordingly.