Saturday 10 December 2011

Ignition Revisited

At the beginning of the year I spent a bit of time reverse engineering a texture file from the abandonware game "Ignition". It was my first attempt at reverse engineering anything so I was pretty pleased when I deciphered the .PIC format, and so I blogged about it.

Since then that particular post has attracted a few comments from people interested to see if I'd learned any more about the game. I only noticed some of these comments recently and so it encouraged me to dust off the game once more and take another look.

The result is a GitHub repository, currently only including a newly rewritten texture converter, but I'm also working on decoding the MSH file which I believe contains model data. Feel free to check out the code, and contact me if you fancy helping out. It would be nice to be able to document all of the formats in the game!