Saturday, 10 December 2011

Ignition Revisited

At the beginning of the year I spent a bit of time reverse engineering a texture file from the abandonware game "Ignition". It was my first attempt at reverse engineering anything so I was pretty pleased when I deciphered the .PIC format, and so I blogged about it.

Since then that particular post has attracted a few comments from people interested to see if I'd learned any more about the game. I only noticed some of these comments recently and so it encouraged me to dust off the game once more and take another look.

The result is a GitHub repository, currently only including a newly rewritten texture converter, but I'm also working on decoding the MSH file which I believe contains model data. Feel free to check out the code, and contact me if you fancy helping out. It would be nice to be able to document all of the formats in the game!


  1. Ignition revisited also a new topic in this category. I just want to add all the categories for the sake of hirewriters information. I am much sure that this information would be helping hand for many of the people work on this idea.

  2. I learned absolutely everything about my question when I read this post, thanks to the author for the detailed description. I wrote my review on the you can go in and read. Thank you very much for your attention and your time.

  3. Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing.All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers.Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every readers through this article.Quality of the content is the main do my assignment element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.